We know how tricky it can be to design a business card that will appeal to your target audiences, so we conducted biometric research to try to determine what makes the perfect business card and pulled together a report with all our findings.
To help you further in your mission to create the ultimate business card, we have gathered a few of our top design tips and created a new template based on the findings of our research.
You can find more information about our business card sizes, paper stocks and finishes on our dedicated business cards page.
Top Tips for Designing the Perfect Business Card
• The brain processes colours before words and shapes, so if you want the recipient to focus on the text straight away a classic white business card design may be most effective.
• Opt for a no-frills approach. Less is more!
• Use a font that is easy to read.
• Space out your text.
• Only include necessary information. Don’t overload your business card.
• Don’t let your logo take over – 25% of the card space is recommended.
Best Colours for Business Cards:
1. White – Crisp and classic
2. Yellow – Evokes optimism and cheerfulness
3. Green (deep shades) – Evokes prestige
4. Peach – Calming and harmonious
5. Blue – Versatile and universally favoured. Conveys reliability and trustworthiness
To make the process even easier for you, take a look at our new business card templates. We have created these using insight from our biometric research, so we’re confident that they have broad appeal and will be a good fit for most businesses.
We also have dozens more free-to-use templates in our business card template library. Simply choose your preferred design from the range of business card templates, customise it using our design tool, choose your paper quality and finish, and we’ll get your design printed and posted to you.
We produce all your business cards onsite in our dedicated business card production cell. We use a state-of-the-art Fujifilm Jetpress machine, which works with next-generation print technology, to give your finished product the ultimate image resolution and clarity.
For more design inspiration, take a look at our blogs on 15 inspiration square business card examples, 8 corporate business card examples with an edge and how to create a feeling of luxury with business cards.