What type of design is right for my folded leaflet printing?
What you plan to use your brand new leaflets for will determine what kind of fold you think you’d opt for. It also depends on the size of leaflet you pick too. You can choose from the following folds:
- Half fold – a single fold down the centre of your leaflet, so it opens a bit like a card.
- Z-fold– a bi fold option that creates a ‘Z’ shape, great for sales brochures.
- C-fold – a bi fold option that creates a ‘C’ shape, perfect for showcasing your sale.
- Roll fold– created by folding down one section, then another in the same direction until 8 panels are created.
- Cross fold– folded in half and in half again, ideal for maps and guides.
Still not sure which folded flyer is best for you and your business? We’ve created a handy guide so you can get a better idea here.
Which size fold out leaflet should I choose?
Our standard folded leaflets come in three different sizes. If you're unsure which size to pick and would like a standard size, we recommend you choose A4. This size will allow you to get plenty of information on there, without it being too big for clients and customers to be able to take away with them. Here is our full list of folded flyer sizes:
Check out our full list of folded leaflet sizes:
- A5 C-Fold – Flat size - 148mm x 210mm - Finished size - 70mm x 148mm
- A5 Z-Fold – Flat size - 148mm x 210mm - Finished size - 70mm x 148mm
- A5 Half Fold (Folded to A6) – Flat size - 148mm x 210mm - Finished size - 105mm x 148mm
- A4 C-fold – Flat size - 210mm x 297mm - Finished size - 99mm x 210mm
- A4 Z-fold – Flat size - 210mm x 297mm - Finished size - 99mm x 210mm
- A4 Half fold (Folded to A5) – Flat size - 210mm x 297mm - Finished size - 148mm x 210mm
- A3 C-Fold – Flat size - 297mm x 420mm - Finished size - 140mm x 297mm
- A3 Z-Fold – Flat size - 297mm x 420mm - Finished size - 140mm x 297mm
- A3 Half Fold (Folded to A4) – Flat size - 297mm x 420mm - Finished size - 210mm x 297mm
What are the folded leaflet printing paper stock options?
When we say ‘stock’ we’re talking about the material your folded leaflets are printed on. For some print products, this can range from classic printer paper to card and even to PVC and foam board.
These stocks are measured in ‘GSM’, or grams per square metre. The larger the number, the thicker (or heavier) the paper is and the better quality.
Here are all the stocks we offer for folded leaflet printing:
- 150gsm Value Silk – our thinnest and cheapest stock, this is a popular choice for takeaway menus or bulk leaflets
- 250gsm Classic Silk – our most popular paper for folded leaflet printing, it’s a great marketing all-rounder
- 350gsm Premium Silk – a thicker stock, ideal for high-end brands or for messages targeting high value customers
How can I design a fold out leaflet?
No matter if you’re designing half fold leaflets, a C fold leaflet or Z fold leaflet, we have a variety of folded leaflet templates available online on the instantprint website. You don’t need to have any previous design experience or a be a wiz on Photoshop or InDesign either!
We have 1000s of designs to choose from and they’re all completely customisable. Whether you’re looking for a completely blank template to pop your ideas down onto, or need a helping hand in the creativity department with something pre-designed, we have something for every business. Start designing now!
Want to design your fold out leaflet yourself? It’s quick and simple to get your blank canvas set up on whichever design programme you’re using. From Photoshop and InDesign to Adobe Illustrator and PDF; for help setting up your file, check out our guide.
How can I distribute my leaflets?
Once you’ve worked on your folded leaflet design ideas and have your marketing ready to go, it’s key that you know where they should be distributed. If you’re a local business you may want to place them in nearby cafés, restaurants and other small businesses; whereas if you’re a B2B firm, you could put some aside to give out at conferences and networking events.
Wherever they go, folded leaflets from instantprint are sure to make the right first, and lasting impression.