What is business stationery?
Bespoke business stationery is an alternative communication tool which is necessary for running a business. From sending letters to leaving notes, there are loads of different ways corporate stationery can benefit a company. Here’s a quick rundown of what the different products are and how to use them.
- Letterheads – letterhead printing allows you to send a business letter that’s branded with your logo and important contact information, which is essential in many situations. Here’s what you’re legally required to include on a letterhead.
- Compliment slips – these slips are great for saying thanks. Add them to your order with a handwritten message to let customers know how grateful you are for their custom.
- Business cards – handing out a business card is still the quickest and most professional way of giving your contact details to someone.
- Note cards – otherwise known as correspondence cards, these small A6 cards are the perfect size for giving clients and customers handwritten notes because they also have your all-important contact info on them.
- Bookmarks – branded bookmarks are great giveaways and freebies. Pop them in packages or hand them out at events.
How to set up your business stationery artwork for print
Business stationery is an essential for every business, from large corporate company to creative freelancer. That’s why we’ve made it easy to make and print your stationery online! Here’s what you need to know to set your artwork up for print.
Size – set your document up to the size of the product you want to print. Click on the stationery item you want to print on this page to find out the exact dimensions in mm.
Bleed and safety area – add 3mm to each side of your document to create a border, and make sure important information stays at least 6mm away from the edge of your canvas. This is your bleed and safety area; learn more about this here.
Colour – we print using colours in the CMYK spectrum, which may look slightly different to the RGB spectrum you’re using on your screen right now. To see exactly what your design will look like in CMYK, change the colour mode using your preferred design software. If you can’t do this, don’t worry! Our online proofing tool automatically changes this for you when it creates a proof for you to approve.
Resolution – make sure to use high resolution logos and images, and save you document at a resolution of at least 300dpi for high quality stationery printing.
Flatten fonts – our in-house Studio team checks every single piece of artwork manually before sending it to print, so you can rest assured that we’ll spot any issues. To make sure fonts and images don’t change or move when we open your file on our computers, save your document as a JPEG or PDF to flatten these elements.
Top 3 personalised business stationery design tips
We asked our Creative Lead, Jennie, for her top business stationery design tips. Here’s what she recommends!
- Use your logo – business stationery is all about getting your brand across in a professional way, so make sure your brand is recognisable in your design by using your logo. I’d extend this even further and use your brand fonts and colours to make sure you really hit home with your business’s personality.
- Think about how you’ll use the stationery – items like letterheads are designed to be printed on, compliment slips to be written on, etc., so make sure you keep that in mind with your design. Leave space to print or write a message if needed.
- Keep it simple – the best stationery designs are the ones that are sweet and simple! Stationery is like a vessel for important information – with business cards it’s your contact details, with letterheads it’s the information in the letter – so make sure your design highlights this message.
Why is it personalised office stationery important?
It’s nice to have branded stationery and it makes your business look really professional – but do you really need it? Absolutely!
Letterheads have many legal uses, for example ensuring your contact details are clear and available on legal notices – they’re also great for sending out those all important job offer letters and contracts on.
Business cards are essential, especially for business owners, because it’s the quickest and easiest way of giving someone your contact details. Sure, you could enter them in on your phone, but cards are a lot less clunky and new business contacts will expect you to have one.
Branding is critical to business growth because it helps bridge the gap between company and consumer. Your business stationery is a key part of this.
Customer business stationery designs
Nothing’s quite as inspiring as looking through the #instantprintuk feed on Instagram at all your lovely bespoke stationery designs. Here are just a few that caught our eye. Want to be featured? Make sure to tag us in your posts!
@daisyfaystirling @inkandbear @welshrussian
Personalised business stationery design inspiration
For effective custom company business stationery, you need a design that sets you apart. We have an array of free business stationery design templates available, so you can create the perfect collection with a professional touch.
Or, if you’d like to get a feel for your print before you buy, why not order our free sample pack? We’ve included a range of sample business stationery options so you can try before you buy.
Here’s our full range of products.
Personalised letterheads embellished with your logo raise the bar for your communications. They’re printed on quality uncoated matt paper, making them ideal for invoices, letters or any type of form your customers may need to fill in. Choose from the lightweight 90gsm, which is great for everyday use, our popular 120gsm which is perfect for all correspondence, or noticeably thicker 160gsm for a premium paperweight.
Make sure you keep your stationery printing on brand by customising our free letterhead templates with your logo and colour scheme. If you need a bit more guidance on what to include, check out the general and legal requirements for your letterheads and you’re good to go.
Can I print on letterheads?
Because of the type of paper we use to print your personalised letterheads on, you’re able to run it through any inkjet printer.
Want to add an extra note in your packaging? Or perhaps your message will come across better if it’s handwritten? Compliment slips that are branded with your company’s logo give you the perfect opportunity to communicate with a personal touch. Include your name, address and contact details in case your clients want to get back in touch. Measuring up at 21mm x 99mm, they can easily be popped alongside your product or slipped inside an envelope if you want to let your customers know you appreciate their business.
We have three paperweights available to suit all purposes and budgets: 120gsm is a soft, mid-weight option, 90gsm is an economic and lightweight paper, while 160gsm is our heaviest, most superior stock. All paperweights come on the highest quality uncoated paper to guarantee a great first impression!
Business cards are the staple addition to your personalised office stationery arsenal. Whether you want to network at events or use them as loyalty cards, they’re the perfect way to introduce yourself. Our business cards are printed on an ultra-thick 450gsm stock and can be coated with your choice of gloss, matt or velvet laminations.
Use the same fonts, colours and style as you do throughout your marketing materials to keep your stationery design as strong as possible! Square and mini business cards add a fun twist to your collection, or why not make your branded stationery sparkle with metallic business cards?
Correspondence cards are printed as A6 size for a compact message that hits the right note with your customers. Choose a company stationery design that aligns with your brand to send a professional greeting that turns your marketing up a notch.
Printed on quality 350gsm uncoated stock, they can be handwritten on to make your message completely bespoke. Use them to deliver receipts, send a friendly thank you when a gift card is purchased or to let your client’s know you’ll be at their next event.