Designing your own print booklet or brochure doesn’t have to be daunting. Here’s how to set up your artwork for print.
- The finished size of an A4 booklet is 210mm x 297mm, so set your artwork up at 216mm x 303mm to add 3mm bleed to both sides.
- You will need to set your cover up as a spread with a spine in the middle.
- The spine width will depend on the amount of pages and stock you choose. Use our spine calculator to add a spine to your cover spread here.
- Add an extra 7mm to the binding side for the safe zone.
- Set your colour mode as CMYK
- Use high resolution images (at least 300dpi)
- Embed or flatten your fonts
- Here’s exactly how to make a booklet for beginners
What paper type should I choose?
We offer three different paper stocks for this product. For cheap booklet printing on a budget with thin 115gsm silk, which is ideal for magazines. 150gsm is thicker for a more premium booklet. Or, 120gsm classic writable is uncoated making it perfect for smudge-free writing. Please note: our 115gsm option is only available on our 60pp options and higher.
What does perfect bound mean?
This binding type means your pages will be glued to a spine.
What does ‘pp’ mean?
‘PP’ refers to printed pages, including front and back cover.
What are perfect bound booklets printed on?
We use our state-of-the-art Truepress to print them.
When will my booklets be delivered?
Booklet orders approved by 6:30pm will be dispatched for delivery within three working days. Delivery takes a further working day. For example, if you approved your order by 6:30pm on a Monday, we’d dispatch your order on Thursday and it’d be delivered on Friday.
How do I upload my booklet design?
You should upload your booklet artwork after placing your order. To do this, complete your order and then email your artwork to our Studio team at firstname.lastname@example.org who’ll then set it up for print for you.