What is Spot UV?
Spot UV is a glossy coating applied to specific areas of a printed document. Not only does this make your design more eye-catching, but it also creates a contrast of textures, making your product appealing to both sight and touch. Once applied, the coating is then dried instantly under UV lamps. Spot UV is often used on business cards and flyers, as it’s perfect for giving them that extra ‘wow’ factor without going over your budget.
How Do I Use the Free Templates?
- Firstly, download the template you’d like to use for your design. You can download them below.
- When you’re ordering your custom-printed premium business cards, make sure you pick the matt finish – Spot UV is exclusive to this finish because the wonderful glossy-soft contrast you get with this combo is really effective.
- Add the business cards to your basket, then click ‘Upload Artwork’ when prompted to (or click on this option once you’re on the basket page). If you’re ordering double-sided business cards, make sure the artwork you upload for ‘Side 1’ is the side you want your spot UV on.
- At this point, you’ll also need to upload the spot UV template PDF you downloaded earlier.
- Once you’ve uploaded all of your artwork and your spot UV layer, you can proceed to checkout as normal!
If you have any questions or are still struggling with your artwork, please contact our Personal Artworkers through firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll be happy to help set this up for you. And that’s it! Now that you can add spot UV to your business card designs with ease, you’re ready to dazzle potential customers and clients.